Less than 24 hours
After months of planning, we are down to less than 24 hours to go before HOPE begins. The floor system is installed on lot 75 where the roof will be built, the foundation for HOPE is ready to go. Yesterday, we took delivery of the three Anvil Crawlers that will generate the solar power we will be using for much of our energy needs for the build. Special thanks to John Kierstead and the Anvil set up team.
Today the bleachers, tents, command centre will all arrive for set up. So will the remaining materials needed for our 6:00 am start tomorrow. This afternoon Yarmouth Crane will be bringing their giant crane to site to get it ready for lifting the roof tomorrow between 11:00 am and 12:30 am tomorrow.
And then we begin. I want everyone to remember the importance of safety first. Especially when it comes to moving vehicles and pedestrians.
- All construction and food delivery traffic MUST come through the Elm St. construction entrance and check in with our site logistics team. NO EXCEPTIONS. They will release you to the job site when appropriate.
- If you are moving a vehicle, you need to have a spotter. Larger vehicles will be guided through the site and we will shut down pedestrian traffic when these vehicles are in motion at the site.
- If you are walking to the site please be aware to walk on the north side of Pear Tree and the east side of Ashberry (So facing traffic). Also, if we ask you to stop, it is temporary and for your safety.
- If the site safety team asks you to leave the jobsite, it’s time to leave.
- If it is not your shift please go to the viewing area either before or after your shift, so that we only have the people on the jobsite we are expecting to have there. This will help to keep the site manageable.
- Lastly, if you are not in the proper safety gear and one of the authorized shirts you are not permitted onto the jobsite. That’s what the viewing area, bleachers, food service area and selfie zone are for.
Let’s all work together to make HOPE completely EPIC!
I HOPE everyone has a great experience.
Pictured is lot 75 floor deck, HOPE foundation (lot 76) and the Anvil Crawlers powering up!
Other UpdatesUpdate 17: Will the quality of the home suffer when it's built in 3 days?
Update 16: What is a Net Zero Home?
Update 15: Less than 24 Hours
Update 14: Working around the clock? You might need a coffee!
Update 13: June 3rd filming
Update 12: 7 Nights in Paradise Auction
Update 11: Are You Ready?
Update 10: HOPE the Film
Update 9: Filming Schedule
Update 8: Two weeks away!
Update 7: There's a New Inspector in Town
Update 6: #CDNbuilt
Update 5: The Countdown continues.... less than 3 WEEKS to go!
Update 4: Black Donnelly's Film
Update 3: Project HOPE Begins
Update 2: New Foundations
Update 1: JUN 9-11, 2017 - ST. THOMAS, ON